Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Purpose of the EVC Library Collection
Purpose of Collection
The Evergreen Valley College Library supports the philosophy and goals of the College. The primary purpose of the Library is to facilitate and improve learning by providing resources, services and assistance for the instructional programs of the College. Likewise, the Library provides resources and services relevant to general information needs; intellectual, personal, and professional growth; cultural development and activities of the College and community. In addition, the Library conforms to the Library Bill of Rights in representing all sides of issues.
No material shall be excluded from the collection because of the race or nationality of the author or the political, moral, or religious views expressed in the work. .
Materials Selection Criteria
Material added to the collection will be judged by the following criteria:
- Relevance to the curriculum
- Appropriateness to the user
- Timeliness and/or lasting value of material
- Expertise in the area of the author, issuing body, and/or publisher
- Presentation: a) style, b) clarity and c) ease of use.
- Aesthetic considerations: a) literary, artistic, or social value; b) appeal to the imagination, senses, or intellect
- Special features: a) a detailed, logical index; b) footnotes; c) pictorial representations
- Physical and technical quality: a) paper, typography, and design; b) physical size; c) binding; d) durability
- Strength of present holdings in the same or similar subject
- Demand, frequency of interlibrary loan requests for material on the same or similar subject
- Price/relative cost of material in relation to the budget and other available material
Suggest a Book
Suggest New Books
The EVC Library welcomes your suggestions for materials that support teaching, study, and research at EVC. You can recommend we purchase books, movies, music, and subscriptions to research databases, magazines & journals, etc.
To request materials please complete the online form.
New Books in the EVC Library
For a complete list of titles and for book details click on the New Books file below.
Interested in movies based on books? Visit the EVC Library page Pinterest.