Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
All About Books
Go to the Library Catalog to search for books.
You can check out books in the library General Collection for 3 weeks. If you need to keep the book for a longer period of time, renew your books in person at the desk, online, or over the phone by calling the Circulation Desk at 408-270-6433.
You will need to bring a Student ID card to check out all books and other library items. Your Student ID is also your copy card - so you will need it to make photocopies of library items.
eBooks, and Other Media
- Find a DVD you can watch (either at home or in the library) by doing a keyword search in the catalog and adding the term "DVD."
- Some DVDs can be viewed in the library only. See library staff for details.
- eBooks are electronic versions of books - available to you 24/7. See items in the catalog with the eBook icon beside it. Search the ebooks catalog in the A-Z databases page
- Search streaming videos from the EVC Library databases.
Search the Catalog Using Keywords
What are keywords? They are words that describe what you are looking for!
Click on the image below to search the Library Catalog using a keyword search:
Some examples of keyword searches:
- motion pictures reviews
- film noir
- horror films
- clint eastwood
- social problems in motion pictures
- Zombie films
- femme fatales in motion pictures
- minorities in motion pictures