Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
WORD OF THE DAY
Expand your vocabulary one day at a time with Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day.
Confused by some of the words you hear in the library? Click here for a list of common library vocabulary words.
This guide is designed for ESL students. Here you can learn about how to use the library and how to access materials. There are also links to many online resources to help you in becoming proficient in English.
- LIBRARY BASICS: Learn how you can check out materials, browse the shelves, and get familiarized with common library vocabulary.
- BOOKS: Our book collection includes English and foreign-language dictionaries, thesauruses, grammar books, vocabulary builders, and easy readers, as well as general interest books on a wide range of topics.
- ARTICLES: You'll find a variety of print magazines, journals and newspapers at the Evergreen Valley College Library. Many thousands more are available through the libraries' databases.
- WEB SITES: The Web has some excellent ESL sites. These can help you with every aspect of English language learning, from listening comprehension to pronunciation.
- Other WEB RESOURCES: Blogs, podcasts, and RSS feeds offer still more ways for you to practice your listening, speaking and comprehension skills.